- My base rate for tutoring is $50/hr, but certain tutoring services run to $75/hr (e.g., standardized test preparation). Feel free to inquire further about this price range.
- The minimum session length is 1.5 hours (90 minutes); the minimum fee for a single session is $75, even if the student or client elects to meet for less than the 90-minute-minimum.
- If I have to travel over 15 miles to meet a client for a session, there is a $20 surcharge; if the distance is over 20 miles, the surcharge is $25.
- More information about typical rates for editing and proofreading services can be found in the "Editing" and "Proofreading" sections of the Services page.
- Please inquire directly for more detailed information about payment policies and exceptions.
Payment & Cancellations
ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS: Payment is due at the end of each session, and can generally be made in cash, by check, or via PayPal. I do not accept checks as payment for the first tutoring session.
MULTIPLE-SESSION PAYMENT: Depending on session frequency or the number of intended future sessions, some clients prefer to pay for multiple sessions at once. This typically occurs with students who meet with me more than once a week; occasionally, clients intending to meet multiple times over a relatively short time period also prefer to arrange payment this way. All multiple-session payments must be made in advance of the first session.
I require 24 hours notice for cancellations. In the event I am not given 24 hours notice, the client will be charged the full rate for the cancelled session.